Brother introduced the new MFC-9000 series of digital LED color printers in late May as a solution for small businesses that want to increase their productivity at lower cost.
Today we will take a hand on first look at the MFC-9340cdw lighthouse. It offers duplex printing, scanning, copying and printing capabilities as well as print speeds of up to 23ppm, a 3.7-inch color touchscreen with WebConnect, side-mounted USB port, 250-up capacity Sheets, 35-page ADF and wired and wireless connectivity.
Want to know how MFC-9340cdw preforms? Come back soon to read our full test with the full results of our test lab!
Design and build
The MFC-9340cdw reminds me of a more compact version of the MFC-9970CDW we examined a few years ago. It has a similar design with a matte black finish front and a light gray shell. The approximate dimensions are smaller to be 16 x 19 x 16 inches and 52 pounds (without consumables).
The MFC-9340cdw provides duplex scanning, copying, and faxing using the 35-sheet ADF for media up to 8.5 x 14 inches, but customers can also use the document glass for single-sided scans, copies and faxes up to 8.5 x 11 inches.
The touch control panel is completely intelligent based with the only standard push button being the power button. It is centered on a 3.7 inch color touch screen.
Lift up under the 100-sheet output tray to access the four toner cartridges (CMYK). Brother offers standard performance and high-yield toner replacement.
The front-side USB port is located to the left of the single multi-purpose tray on the front of the machine. You will find the 250-sheet paper cassette directly under the multi-purpose tray.
All connections are on the back of the MFC-9340cdw. Customers can configure the MFC-9340cdw on a USB flash drive, wired or wireless connection depending on their desktop environment.
- 4-in-1 LED color: double-sided printing, scanning, copying and fax
- Print speed: up to 23 ppm in black and color
- Print resolution: up to 600 x 2400 dpi
- 3.7-inch color touch screen with WebConnect
- AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace
- USB port on the side panel
- 256 MB of standard memory
- 35 pages automatic document feeder
- Monthly duty cycle: up to 30,000 pages
- Paper capacity: 250 sheets paper feed tray, single multipurpose tray sheet
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- Energy Star
- 1 year limited warranty
Price and availability
The Brother MFC-9340cdw is available now at authorized retailers for a suggested retail price of $ 449.99.
Supplies and accessories can be purchased through Brother Mall or an authorized dealer. Brother offers standard performance and high-yield replacement toner cartridges.
Windows Driver Details
- Name: Brother MFC-9340CDW Windows Drivers
- Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 8.1 (32-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit),Windows® 8 (32-bit), Windows® 8 (64-bit),Windows® 7 (32-bit), Windows® 7 (64-bit),Windows Vista® (32-bit), Windows Vista® (64-bit),Windows® XP (32-bit), Windows® XP (64-bit)
- Download (36.92 MB)
- Name: Brother MFC-9340CDW Mac 10.10 Driver, This download includes the CUPS Driver, BR-Script Driver, PC-FAX Driver, and
- Compatible Operating Systems: Mac OS X (10.10)
- Download (28.86 MB)
- Version: 4.1.0
- Compatible Operating Systems: Mac OS X (10.9)
- Download (22.67 MB)
- Name: Brother MFC-9340CDW Mac 10.8-10.7-10.6 Driver,This download includes the CUPS Driver, BR-Script Driver, PC-FAX Driver, and
- Compatible Operating Systems: Mac OS X (10.8), Mac OS X (10.7), Mac OS X (10.6)
- Download(28.86 MB)
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Brother MFC-9340cdw:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Brother MFC-9340cdw in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Brother MFC-9340cdw The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.